Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The late, great John Stewart

I was idly googling away just now and came across a news item telling me that John Stewart had died. My heart and head are broken. Another of the great ones has taken the long journey! Just last week I was listening to the increasingly wonderful California Bloodlines album, a record that almost single-handedly set the bar for what has now become Americana, that had a lyrical intensity that set it apart from so much of its contemporaries. And although this was possibly his masterpiece, John Stewart produced so much fine music throughout his, regrettably short, life, he was 68, and so much more to come.

If I am sad, then his family and friends, as well as all those fans around the world, must be feeling his immeasurable loss very deeply. My meagre thoughts are with, Stewart family.

The last word has to belong to the man himself:

"No one's getting younger
Some aren't growing old,
It's all in what you feel
And not in what you're told.

You can't go back to Kansas
I was there just yesterday
You can't go back to Kansas
It just up and blew away".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.